God loves us so much that he gave us his best, his son Jesus, to save us. This same Jesus is coming back again, and no one knows the hour. Without a doubt, he is coming back again for his Church. Jesus Christ is coming back for those who have received him as personal Lord and Savior.
ARE YOU READY TO MEET HIM?
Are you aware of your spiritual standing in eyes of a holy God? (John 1:12-13; Romans 6:23; I John 5:11-13)
What is your spiritual state and experience? (John 3:5-7; Ro. 6:6-12; Ro. 8:5-14; II Cor. 5:17; Gal 5:16-18; I John 8:10; I John 3:1-2)
Stated in another way:
"If you were to stand before the LORD today, where would you spend the rest of eternity?"
ARE YOU SAVED?
A. You are either saved and Heaven is your eternal home.
- or -
B. You are spiritually lost and on your way to hell.
ARE YOU LIVING IN VICTORY?
As a saved (born again) person, you are either:
A. Enjoying victory in Jesus as one influenced by your "new nature" under the control of the HOLY SPIRIT
- or -
B. You are struggling and at war with your "old nature" under the control of your flesh.
HOW CAN I BE SURE?
"...what must I do to be saved?" - Acts 16:30
- Acknowledge that you are sinner: "All have sinned and come short of the glory of God;" - Romans 3:23
- We are sinners by nature - Adam sinned through disobedience to GOD's command thereby falling from grace (Genesis 3:6-24). We are born into sin through Adam's original sin.
- We are sinners by choice - Have you ever lied or took something that was not yours? How many times do you have to lie or steal in order to be a liar or a thief? If you lie once, then you are liar. If you steal once or live your life as a kleptomaniac, then you are thief. There are no little or big sins in GOD's eyes. Sin is sin, and sin can not abide in the presence of the Holy GOD.
- Recognize that you are in need of a Savior - "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." - Romans 6:23
- It is a natural law that restitution be paid, when wrong is done. Well sin is an afront to the MOST HIGH GOD. Sin comes with a cost, and the cost of sin is death. We acknowledge that "all have sinned," so a price had to be paid in order to redeem us from the cost of death associated with sin.
- The good news is that eternal life is something that we do not have to pay for, but GOD gives eternal life to us freely ONLY through JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD. Jesus says, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- St. John 14:6
- Know that GOD loves you and paid the price for us -for you and for me: "But God commendeth his love toward us in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." - Romans 5:8
- GOD loves you. No matter how you may feel at times towards yourself, no matter how you think the world may view you. You have value in GOD's eyes, because HE demonstrates HIS love towards us.
- GOD loves you, just as you are. It is wonderful that GOD not only accepts us just as we are, but it is empowering to say to yourself that, "GOD loves me 'Just as I am' - though sinner and far from HIS glory HE still loves me."
- GOD's love paid the price for our sin. While we are yet most sinful and wretched, JESUS CHRIST gave HIS life for us to remove the stain of sin.
- "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved." - St. John 3:16-17
- You can be saved right now! - "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." - Romans 10:9
- Please say this prayer out loud with me:
- "God, I (name) confess unto you that I am a sinner in need of salvation through the Lord Jesus Christ. I confess with my mouth and believe in my heart that the Lord Jesus gave his life upon Calvary's Cross for me. I confess with my mouth and believe in my heart that you raised Jesus Christ from the dead. Upon my confession and belief in Jesus, I accept the gift of salvation in Jesus Christ. Thank you, Father for first loving me - saving me."
- Congratulations! If you faithfully prayed that prayer, then I rejoice along with Heaven in welcoming you to the family of OUR HEAVENLY FATHER. Continue to look to JESUS who is the author and finisher of your faith (Hebrews 12:2). Welcome fellow disciple of JESUS Christ. Know that Heaven is now your Home.
- Please say this prayer out loud with me:
- Please do the following, immediately:
- Write down the date, time, and location of your conversion. We invite you to contact us, so that we may share the joy of your conversion experience.
- Pray that the HOLY SPIRIT continues to fill you and guide you. - St. John 14:26
- Prayerfully seek out and join a Bible believing Church that will nuture your discipleship in JESUS CHRIST.
- Know that you are already saved, and it is in order that you publicly identify through the testimony of baptism (water immersion) with the death, burial, and resurrection of JESUS CHRIST. - Romans 6:3-14